Okay, now it’s time to write.
Here is a list of prompts, if you’re amenable to that:
- Write a letter to someone/something you (or your narrator, or your speaker) have lost
- Write a letter of complaint to someone/something who has wronged you (or your narrator, or your speaker)
- Write a letter from the perspective of a prisoner who wants to know why their pen pal has stopped writing. Or from the perspective of a child whose pen-pal has gone quiet.
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone/something who probably never receives such letters
- Write a letter to Derek. You know who. You know why.