50mm Fiction is our new Bending Genres microfiction contest.
The premise of the contest is simple: write a piece of fiction, 50 words or less, using the 50mm photo as a prompt.
Here is our photo prompt:
- This month’s contest will be judged by none other than fantastic Jayne Martin!
- The word count excludes the title, though we suggest you keep the title short (which means do not use it as a device to tell more about the story).
- We are firm on 50 words or less. Any stories that exceed the word count will automatically be disqualified.
- Though we would love for each story to be 50 words on the dot, we understand brevity and concision. Therefore, if the story can be told in less, please feel free.
- Contest entries will be considered from 4/14- 4/27. We will announce the winner on Wednesday, May 2.
- Along with publication, the winner will receive a “box of shit” via snail mail.
- Previous contributors of Bending Genres are welcome to submit. Multiple entries are fine, too.
- Entries will be read blind, so please do not put your name on the document. Please submit here: https://bendinggenres.submittable.com/submit/98024/50mm-fiction-contest